Omega 3, 6 & 9
The glorious Açai is found in the Amazon rainforest. Traditionally it has been an important food source for the indigenous tribes of Brazil. Its fruit is similar to grapes and has an intense colour thanks to its deep pigmentation. It is a natural source of vitamin E, which protects cells against oxidative stress. Its high level of saturated fatty acids is beneficial for cardiovascular health. The Açai berry also contains vitamins, fiber and minerals such as potassium, magnesium and calcium.
Today the Açai berry’s properties are well-known and are consumed worldwide in different forms. Our 100% organic Açai powder has been freeze-dried only a few hours after the berries were harvested in order to guarantee and preserve its nutritious properties.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF AÇAI FOR ATHLETES?
Athletes tend to consume açai for its capacity to regenerate muscles. By having a good amount of amino acids, it can also be consumed after exercise, because it can help the muscles recover. It works both as pre-workout and post-workout, is a very versatile superfood that should be a part of every athlete's nutrition.
- Our açai is freeze-dried to keep all its nutrients and benefits.
- Contains antioxidants: high vitamin E level helps prevent premature ageing by cell regeneration.
- Known as a natural energy source because of its high amino acid protein supply.
- Helps reduce risks of cardiovascular diseases and prevents unhealthy cholesterol levels thanks to its high level of fatty acids (Omega-3, -6 and -9).
- High in fibre which can aid digestion.
- High in trace elements and therefore a great re-mineralizer.
- Low in sugar.
- Source of potassium which aids in proper nervous system function.
- Source of magnesium which helps proper muscular and psychological function and reduces fatigue.
- Source of calcium which is needed for the maintenance of normal bones and teeth and contributes to the normal function of digestive enzymes.
HOW TO TAKE OUR ORGANIC FREEZE DRIED AÇAI?
Açai can be taken by adding one teaspoon to water or mixed with drinks or food items. We recommend adding one teaspoon to our Pure Essential protein to add it's numerous benefits to your protein shake plus a tropical flavour to its neutral taste.
We recommend increasing your intake gradually. If you’re unsure about changing your food habits, please ask you doctor’s advice. Consult a doctor when you are pregnant, breastfeeding or taking medication.
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: Brazil
- Energy: 2.263Kj /541Kcal
- Carbohydrates: 32g (Thereof sugars: 2g)
- Fat: 54g (Thereof saturated: 15g, Monounsaturated: 33 g)
- Fiber: 27g
- Protein: 9,8g
- Salt: 2,56g
- Vitamins and minerals: Vitamin E: 12,7mg (106% NRV*), Calcium: 345mg (43% NRV*), Potassium: 715mg (36% NRV*), Magnesium: 174mg (46% NRV*)
*NRV: Nutrient Reference Value